Sunday, September 4, 2011

Birthday Challenge

On my 52nd birthday I took a challenge to read 52 books. By my birthday, I had completed the challenge. I started out reading one book a night, but without my sleep, life became hard! I tried one book a week, sounded good, only who wants to read when you can swim?In the fall, I was busy with yard work. next thing I knew it was spring and I still needed to read twenty more books! I had to say no to going out to movies, eating out, even missing a play or two. I read all day and half the night, I was down to one week with three books to go. I put my life on hold but eventually I made my deadline!

So for my 53rd birthday I took a new challenge to walk 540 miles. I have a plan to walk 11.5 miles a week. It just can't rain or snow for one year!Can this be done? I hope this does not kill me! Spending my life in bed reading, and now I'm marathon walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment